Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why doesn’t god appeal to the strengths of our intuition?

You know, as zealous a creationist as I was, it gained me a mild recognition, amongst the “credentialed” of the immediate creationist world. Though I sought out any contact fervently with any other creationist in my immediate area, as rare as they are, I still found them. I found every YEC in my area. I happened to actually live in the same township as Carl Kerby and work with his son in the same local mall, (Carl Kerby is one of Ansewers in Genesis' top dog speakers in the U.S.) Carl and his son took me on a 3 day creationist seminar/retreat that cost 500.xx + dollars to attend, mind you that at this time creationism to me no matter what happens or is discovered “is the only answer”, I was taken by Carl Kerby himself with his son, in their car for 7 hours to the seminar from Illinois to Kentucky and was handed a bunk bed for free. I met with Ken ham and had Jon Safarti Sign and date his "refuting compromise" book for me. I sat through, believed and took to heart their most powerful creationist sermons.

I was taken on a first hand tour with Ken Ham and Carl Kerby of the unfinished Ansewers in Genesis museum. I remember the unfinished ceilings, the robotic skeletons of the dinosaurs, the offices, the unfinished ticket booths, the leveled areas for parking lots and listening in on the planetariums’ architectural contemplations. After all of that I was offered a job at the museum, not because they found my intellectualism as a benefit but because they saw the passion in me.

My point in all of this being is that you can’t know anything other than what is right in front of you.

The human being is an analytical creature. So why did god let “Satan” put things within the human scope of understanding in front of us it if it points in a direction opposite of what is meant to be perceived?

Why doesn’t god appeal to the strengths of our intuition, if he is in fact the architect of reason?

Much love for everyone struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment